Looks delicious doesn’t it?! You’ll never guess what’s in it! I’ve been curious about these for awhile. A few years ago when black bean brownies found their way across the internet, I thought what a great idea. I tried two different recipes before deciding that there was no hope, it would always taste like chocolate flavoured beans. And then this came along. I was out of butter, out of sugar, but wanted to make dessert. And hey, today is National Eat Beans Day. So clearly it was time. I went with the best when it comes to lightened up recipes – Chocolate Covered Katie (modified a bit) Tell me this doesn’t tempt you…
Here’s what you need:
- 100g chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- 250g white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used cashew peanut butter)
- 1 cup oats (I used old fashioned)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbs oil
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 3 packets vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs corn syrup
- 2 tbs water
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
Here’s what you do:
- Heat oven to 160C/350F. Grease 10in springform pan.
- Process all the cookie ingredients in food processor until well blended. Spread into greased springform pan.
- Heat swirl ingredients except vanilla sugar over a medium heat, whisking continuously until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and add in vanilla sugar. Pour about half over the top of cookie batter. use a tooth pick or spoon to swirl it in. (Save the rest to drizzle over the finished product)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let rest at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove from pan.
Enjoy =) Print Recipe
Do you like celebrating random holidays? If so, what’s your favourite? I’m personally a fan of World Nutella Day!